Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda- Laura

When i was reading The Help, there were some things that I wish would have worked out differently than they did. I wish Cecilia would be able to have children with her husband, and not have her pregnancies end up the way they do. I wish that Stuart wouldn't have ended his engagement with Skeeter just because of the book that she wrote. He loved her before he found out what she was working on, so it should not of made a difference in their relationship when he found out. I think they should've gotten married. Another thing I had hoped would work out differently was Aibileen and getting let go from Miss Mobley's house. I didn't want poor little Mae Mobley to be stuck with just that awful family of hers. I also wish that Miss Skeeter's mother hadn't been the reason that Constantine left. She broke her heart, and Miss Skeeter had no idea the damage that her mother had done to her livelong companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment