Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Monday, October 24, 2011

ENDING

I enjoyed the ending of the book, though wish it continued. I wish it told more of the time when the kids had gorwn up. How Mae Mobley treated Aibleen if she saw her, where everyone is in their life, etc. I just grew to hate and hate Ms. Hilly,and by the end of the book I wanted to punch her so much. I grew more and more affectionate of Ms. Cecilia though. I loved how she wrote "for two-slice Hilly" at the bottom of the check. I was so mad at Stuart for taking back his propasal just because of what Ms. Skeeter's been writitng about, but it was semi-okay with me because I didn't want them back together in the first place. At first I hated Ms. Skeeter's mom, but towards the end, I saw from her prospective. Then, when she knew she had cancer, I felt bad. I wasn't starting to like, but I didn't dislike her anymore. I couldn't believe Minny was pregnant, AGAIN, and still working. I always loved Jhonny (Celia's husband) and adore him even more towards the end. He's just so loving. At first I was really nervous that Hilly would be able to prove that the maids were Minny snd Aibeleen, but of course it was no surprise that she never did, or else everyone would know it was her that ate poop. When Hilly said she's send Aibeleen to jail for stealing silver (when she really didn't) it was no surprise she called off the threat when Aibeleen said she'd write to people it was her to ate poop. That was a really smart idea they put that chapter in. I was very sad at the ending though, with Aibeleen leaving, I like how it started and ended with her. She was my favorite. Overall, the ending was very heartfelt, and I loved the added little twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment