Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First Impressions

The Help is honestly one of the best books I have ever read. I have read up to
chapter 8, and I always want to continue. I enjoy reading it as if I was from
Mississippi, just like the author writes it. The way the author wrote it really
sets the mood and makes you feel like you are there. One thing I found
interesting about the book so far is how the maids always raise the employers’
children like they are their own. When I think of a maid, I usually do not think
of someone who gets to know their clients (especially their children) on a
personal level. I love it when Aibileen, one of the main maids, takes care of
the daughter of her client, Mae Mobley, like she is her own daughter. The book
has also taught me a lot about how it was like to live in Mississippi in 1962. I
am excited to see what the rest of the book brings as we continue to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment