Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

First Blog Post; What we found most interesting in our group discussions

We read up to chapter five in the book The Help, and what most people found most interesting was the rust stain Minny finds in Ms. Ceclia's house. I actually did not look into that. It states that she shudders after she finds it, but I figured she was just demonstrating how disgusted she was, as she had stated before. What I found interesting was Ms. Ceclia stating that 'kids are the only reason to live'. I personally disagree with the statement, but found it funny that she stated it, yet sat around all day. If you sit around all day, why would you want to take care of kids, for it's a lot of work. As we all stated our favorite characters, mine is Aibeleen, and as some people stated in our discussion, they did not like the fact that it was written in her point of view, which is southern, so it made it hard to understand. I was one of the poeple that enjoyed it, for it made me feel like I actually knew the woman. I feel bad for Ms. Leeflot's child. The poor girl thinks she did something wrong by going to the bathroom, when really her mother just didn't want to change her. Another thing, that her mom calls her 'it' in the beginning of the book, is just sad. I am really enjoying the book so far, and am at the suspenseful part where Ms. Cecilia's husband comes home, and Minny is at the house, which is a problem for the husband does not know Ms. Cecilia hired a maid. These next couple chapters are going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment