Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Monday, October 24, 2011

My Reaction to the Ending

My reaction to the ending of the story was that it ended too quickly! I really liked this book, but i wanted to know more information. what happens now that Skeeter is off to New York? How will the lives of all the maids be different? I really liked this book as a whole though. I think the author, Kathryn Stockett, did an excellent job in writing this book. She included so many different elements to the story-sadness, bitterness, happiness, joy, loss, etc. It was great to be reading from everyone's point of view too. I thoroughly enjoyed reading like Aibileen in her southern accent; it made me feel like I was part of the book and really added to the story. I would recommend this book to anyone, and I can't wait until I see the movie to compare the two!

No comments:

Post a Comment