Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Reaction to the Ending- Laura

I was overall content with the way the book ended. I like that the author ended it on a somewhat high note. The book gave the impression that Aibileen has the opportunity to start a new life. Miss Skeeter moves out of her small town to pursue her writing career. I wish the author would have resolved Celia's pregnancy issues, but I got the assumption that since Minny has been her maid, her health has gotten better. I found the book to be overall an amazing read. It kept me laughing at some points, and crying at others (and it takes a lot for me to cry over a book) I thought the characters were very well written, and I was able to easily envision the story. I did not know how I would like the book after seeing the movie, but i am really glad i read the book. It was as good, if not better than the movie was. I give the book 5 stars! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment