Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Reaction to the Ending- Vanessa


          When I first chose to read the Help, I chose it only because it was mostly chosen by the other people. So, I had no idea about what this book was about. When I started to read, it caught my attention right away. The characters all made the story interesting. I loved the helps. They were the characters the book had focused most on and Skeeter. It was fun reading about the process of Skeeter helping the maids so that they could publish the about the hard life that they were living. The book Help that they have created after couple of months was able to make small changes in the society. People were interested in buying the book and people were able to refuse the demands that Miss Hilly would make such as telling them to fire their maids. I liked the fact that the book ended as a happy ending. It was sad when Aibleen had to leave Mae Mobley however, I was happy that Aibleen was able to live a new life. Having an actual job and starting her career even at her age. This book was capable of showing hope and love and has a sense of what has happened in those earlier days. I loved the book. I think it was one of the best books that I have read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment