Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Favorite Character

My favorite character from the book so far would have to be Aibileen. I like her character the best because she seems like a strong, compassionate woman. Throughout the story, she always puts others before herself and is looking out for her friends. She always treats others the way that she would want to be treated, even if those people have treated her unjustly. Another quality Aibileen has that I admire is the fact that she has such a strong faith. In a time when racism was so prominent, it could have been very easy for Aibileen to be upset with God and turn away from him. However, this only proved to make her faith stronger and she continued to pray for the well-being of her people. Lastly, I like reading Aibileen's point of view because I love the way she speaks. I think it makes the story so much more interesting to read the way she actually speaks, as opposed to the correct grammar that a majority of stories are written in.



No comments:

Post a Comment