Please use this blog to post your comments, reflections, responses, questions and ideas for each other, the class and me on The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you are part of the Notebook group, please post nightly, according to the reading scheduled you've devised. Have fun, challenge yourselves and others and enjoy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First Impressions of the Book- Laura

I was really excited when I heard I had the opportunity to read the Help. I had seen the movie in theaters weeks before we got the assignment. I absolutely loved the movie (I thought it was the best movie I had seen in years), so I thought the book must be as good as or even better than the movie. I somewhat regret seeing the movie before reading the book. When I first started to read the book, it was almost exact to the movie. I got small details that were not in the movie, but my overall knowledge of the story took away my first impressions of the book. I think it is very well written, and I absolutely love the book so far. I love how the author gives the reader different characters perspectives. This will be an enjoyable read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment